gdesklets __import__ problem

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle thomas at localhost.localdomain
Tue Jan 3 10:37:53 EST 2006

Hi, I'm writing a gdesklets control, that dynamicly uses __import__ and
getattr to get the right classes based on userinput. The problem is, that
my control is somehow being run from somewhere unknown. This means that
__import__ can't find the modules. I tried putting an
os.chdir("~/.gdesklets/Controls/1136298021.06/...") just before the
__import__ call, and that worked, but ofcource isn't very smart in the run.

Is there any way to find out where the control is put on the disk, so that
I can change to the correct folder? Or is there some hack, that allows me
to import the modules without knowing there location?

--
Programmers should realize their critical importance and responsibility in a
world gone digital. They are in many ways similar to the priests and monks of