Server side newbie

jimlewis at emachineshop.com jimlewis at emachineshop.com
Mon Jan 30 05:41:01 EST 2006

Thanks for the various replies. They all seem to lead to a lot more
learning. I thought Python was supposed to make it easy to build web
apps. It appears after going thru the learning curve for Python I need
to learn unix, a framework, brush up on HTML and so on. It's like being
caught in a spider web of web sites with endless tools. And the sites
assume everyone knows the lingo - just connect the cgi to the
mod_python and install to apache setting the path to  ... - sure.
Someone should invent a way to automate all this. My python app fully
describes the UI and behaviour so it seems possible. Or at least the
sites should learn how to write to a broader audience so they can be
understood by newbies. Here's hoping for an easier future :-)