ActiveX & parameters

g.franzkowiak g.franzkowiak at onlinehome.de
Mon Jan 2 11:44:30 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

my little problem resurfaced together with COM.
The generated .py file contains the following function:

def showApplication(self, show=defaultNameNotOptArg):
	return self._oleobj_.InvokeTypes(.......,show)

The value for "show" (defaultNameNotOptArg) must be True|False.
I read in Mark Hammonds book the part over python objects and VARAIANT
types. There is True|False the the way for translation to VT_BOOL.

Now I use myOCX.showApplication(False)... but nothing, I can see the
application anyime ?
I tried it with ctypes and "ctypes.c_short(False)" but the same :-(

If I use functions without parameters or functions with string parameter
 from the generated .py file, then is the sequence as expected.

Can anybody explain my mistake ?

gerd