New Python.org website ?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:21:12 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> Fuzzyman wrote:
> > Now that is a very cool site.
> >
> > I'm not very good with HTML - but can write content... I might see if
> > there is something I can do.
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Fuzzyman
> > http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/index.shtml
> > (and yes I do get referrals from these links...)
> >
> Please note that one major rationale behind the new design is precisely
> becuase relatively few people *are* "good with HTML". Consequently Tim
> Parkin, the principal designer of the new architecture, has gone to
> great lengths to design a scheme that allows most of the authoring to be
> done in REstructured Text.
>
> It's quite an legenat design, and if all you want to do is edit content
> rather than change layout it's *very* easy to use. Climb aboard!

Seriously though... I've downloaded the whole shooting match. It's not
*obvious* from trac what needs doing or who's working on what (although
I have yet to trawl through the SVN checkout).

I'd hate to start working on something, only to discover someone else
was already doing it...

All the best,

Fuzzyman