Extracting results from a large hotshot profile

Brian Cole brianc at temple.edu
Mon Jan 16 12:05:32 EST 2006

Thanks for the tip. I got the following error message when trying to
run your profiler.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Documents and Settings\coleb2\My Documents\software\Python24\lib\site
-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\_core.py", line 13469, in <lambda>
    lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )
  File "runsnake.py", line 106, in load
    for count, files, functions in hotshotreader.loadHotshot( filename, 20000 ):
  File "c:\Documents and Settings\coleb2\My Documents\software\Python24\Lib\site
-packages\runsnakerun\hotshotreader.py", line 95, in loadHotshot
    localDeltas[depth] = 0
IndexError: index out of bounds

I don't know much about Numeric, or NumPy, or whatever it's called
now. I'm quite confused by the whole matter in fact.

As the traceback shows I'm running this on Windows. I'm gonna go
wrestle with installing wxPython and Numeric on my Linux box and see
if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Brian