We have zipimport, how about dllimport?

vivainio at gmail.com vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:35:42 EST 2006

I may be on particularly potent crack, but I was wondering whether it
would make sense to distribute python code in DLLs so that the memory
occupied by the bytecode would be consumed only once even if there were
multiple processes using the same bytecode. Or is there another way to
accomplish code sharing?

Of course I don't need the functionality right this week, but
capability of running shared code is one of the advantages of natively
compiled languages and someone must already have thought of this and
knows why it would never work. ;-)