Threads sleeping all instead of just one.

Vaclav Havlik Johny.Dee at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 18 11:48:11 EST 2006

Hello. Could you advise me about this, please?
I write a multi-thread program using the 'threading' module. Moreover, I use C++ extension. Two threads work inside this C++ extension in such way that one thread waits for the other to do something. However it seems that ALL python is stopped by the first thread stopping. And not that the one thread stops and the other runs to wake the former up, as it is intended in the C++ extension.
Is it the problem, that I am not using Python's synchronization means, but C++'s ?
Thank you very much. V.