python create mail

Tim Williams (gmail) tdwdotnet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:44:09 EST 2006

on 1/12/06, Tim Williams (gmail) <tdwdotnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2006 04:28:44 -0800, anyab5 at gmail.com <anyab5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > hey I need help in sending email,
> > >
> > > It seems that while using  this set of commands
> > >
> > > from smtplib import SMTP
> > >
> > > s = SMTP()
> > > s.set_debuglevel(1)
> > > s.connect('outmail.huji.ac.il')
> > >
> > > I should be able to get a connection but what I get is this error
> > >
> > > T:\Anya\work>mail1.py
> > > connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
> > > connect: (' outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
> > > connect fail: (' outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >     File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
> > >     raise socket.error, msg
> > > socket.error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')
> > >
> > > Does any one have a clue ?

> > connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
> > connect: (' outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
> > reply: '220 mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix\r\n'
> > reply: retcode (220); Msg: mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix
> > connect: mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix
> > (220, 'mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix')
> >
> > Suspect a local / network firewall or port  block.    It might possibly
> > be a DNS issue,  the server's IP address is 132.64.1.30 .     You should
> > try telnetting to the IP address on port 25 as a test
> >
> > HTH :)
> >

> > On 12/01/06, anya bondarev <anyab5 at gmail.com> wrote: > First thanks for
your answer..

> I tried to open the connection using telnet and the connection couldnt be
opened

> any advice ?

The problem isn't python.  Your pc(?) is not able to connect to this mail
server.     If you have a firewall,  turn it off very briefly while you
retry the telnet test.   If this doesn't help,  then you will need to
contact your network provider (eg: your IT dept, or your home ISP) and ask
them if they are blocking port 25 outbound.    Until you get telnet to
work,  your python will not work either.

HTH :)

--

Tim Williams