Addressing a COM port from Python

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Tue Jan 17 04:24:31 EST 2006

Hi!

I am writing some tests and I need to place calls through the modem. Is
there an API for addressing the COM ports on my machine, so that I can
issue AT-commands to the modem?

If this can not be done from Python, I am sure it can be done from
C/C++/Java. Any tutorials/examples that you know of? Maybe calling C from
Python?

I am working on Win XP Pro, with Activestate Python 2.4.

Thanks,
Catalin

--

         <<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>