OT: excellent book on information theory

Ben groups at theyoungfamily.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 09:58:03 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

Dr MacKay was my information studies lecturer and 4th year degree
project mentor at university, about 5 years ago, and I think that this
book is basically the course notes we used then!

He is an excellent lecturer, and if the book is as good as the course,
it should be very interesting, particularly the error correcting stuff.

Very off topic I know, but it's always interesting when two areas of
interest collide (my time at university, and my love of python!)

Cheers,
Ben