PyXML: SAX vs. DOM

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:38:27 EST 2006

Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
> I have to say I am confused about the documentation on pyxml.sf.net.
> When I want to use DOM, I effectively am using a class called Sax2? ^^
> I also have to catch SAXExceptions, which reside in xml.sax._exceptions.
>
> I thought DOM and SAX are two completely different things. Why is PyXML
> mixing them up like this?

I don't have an answer to your real question, but if you're not
committed to a particular XML package yet, you might consider ElementTree:
     http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm

The API is much simpler, and the package has a much more sane
organization. ;)  Plus, it will be part of the Python standard library
in Python 2.5.

STeVe