Error in Python documentation

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Jan 22 06:13:33 EST 2006

Peter wrote:
>>From http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/ go to the Library reference
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/lib/lib.html from there to the index
> (i) at http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/lib/genindex.html. In the index
> select 'p' and  click to reach
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/lib/types.html#l2h-90 . At the foot of
> this page is a link: "See About this document... for information on
> suggesting changes." which if you follow takes you to
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.2/lib/about.html where there is:
>
>  If you find specific errors in this document, either in the content or
> the presentation, please report the bug at the Python Bug Tracker at
> SourceForge.
>
> So you need to add a bug to the Python bug tracker -- at least so it
> seems.

That's somewhat ingenuous, since that sentence is immediately preceded
by """General comments and questions regarding this document should be
sent by email to docs at python.org. """. I should have thought that
inability to register a bug on Sourceforge would have justified an email
to docs at python.org.

Did you send such an email? I'm sure that your comments would be actioned.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119