How to generate graphics dynamically on the web using Python CGI script?

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sun Jan 22 07:23:05 EST 2006

Xavier Morel wrote:
> Well, some people have been crazy enough lately to generate more or less
> imageless bar graphs though, see Eric Meyer's "Bar Graphs with Style"
> (http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2005/12/20/bar-graphs-with-style/)
> for more informations on the subject
> (http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/bargraph/demo.html for a demo)

I think that can be sometimes a clever solution.
There's even a full VectorGraphics-Library available:
http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

You don't even need a graphics lib and CGI program on the server to
create the graphics, and no plug-in on the browser. Just CSS and
JavaScript; it works with all modern browsers.

-- Christoph