Requesting advice on uploading a module

Anthra Norell anthra.norell at tiscalinet.ch
Tue Jul 4 11:49:59 EDT 2006

Hi all,

       I have invested probably 500 hours in the development of a module which I think could fill a gap, judging by some problems regularly discussed on this forum. The module is finished and I want to contribute it. A kind sould recently suggested I upload it to the Cheese Shop. I have made several attempts to do so. The deluge of arcane error and why-it-doesn't-work messages leave me with the impression that I have to write another program to dispatch the thing, beginning with studying an unfamiliar environment.
       The module is a stream editor capable of handling all 256 octets, multiple substitutions in one pass and multiple passes in one run. It handles multiple IO types and has a modular building-block architecture. It works as well on a command line as integrated in a program. I am very pleased with it.
      Being dramatically over budget timewise and keen to resume a healthier sleep pattern, I'd rather not have to start another project with a open time line and the name 'Uploading to the Cheese Shop'.
      Directions will be immensely appreciated. I have Python 2.4, Windows ME,  Cygwin (if that helps), and do almost everything in the IDLE window. My program is all python code.

Thanks

Frederic