Python Path

Thu Jul 27 15:48:22 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:

> I want to get rid of ActivePython which I happend to install because I
> was trying to Test the IDE by ActiveState and I think this version of
> Python was installed by it.
>
> I am happy using Python 2.4.3 but there is not way I am being able to
> use it on console.

I'm not exactly sure how to change the version you are using (I'm not
yet a Linux user!), but I do know that it is highly recommend that you
leave any pre-existing versions of Python on your system, because your
OS or other apps might rely on it. If you are sure ActivePython
installed it, then it's okay to uninstall. It's probably still safe to
uninstall ActivePython, because it won't remove anything it didn't put
on your system in the first place. Just don't uninstall the other
version of Python by itself, because it might have come with Ubuntu
already and the system might need it.