Depricated String Functions in Python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jul 20 03:18:49 EDT 2006

Anoop wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can any one help me out with the various depricated string functions
> that is followed in Python.
>
> For example how will be string.lower depricated.
>
> As far as string.lower('PYTHON') is concerned it is depricated as
> 'PYTHON'.lower(). Both of them would return an output : >>> python
>
> Thanks for your inputs

I wonder if this isn't just an English problem: the fact that the
functions of the string module is depracated just means that you are
encouraged to use the string objects' methods instead, as the string
module is likely to be removed at some time in the future.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119