list of lists of lists ....

faulkner faulkner612 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 28 14:46:58 EDT 2006

doh.
ok, so, recursion is just functional programming sugar for a loop.
def get_As(L):
    checking = [elem for elem in L if isinstance(elem, list)]    # the
equivalent of elem in recursion
    all_As = [elem for elem in L if isinstance(elem, A)]
    while checking:
        new_checking = []   # all lists in all lists in checking
        for sub_L in checking:
            for elem in sub_L:
                if isinstance(elem, A):
                    all_As.append(elem)