Object Persistence Using a File System

Chris Spencer usenet.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Wed Jul 12 01:30:37 EDT 2006

Before I get too carried away with something that's probably
unnecessary, please allow me to throw around some ideas. I've been
looking for a method of transparent, scalable, and human-readable object
persistence, and I've tried the standard lib's Shelve, Zope's ZODB,
Divmod's Axiom, and others. However, while they're all useful, none
satisfies all my criteria. So I started writing some toy code of my own:
http://paste.plone.org/5227

All my code currently does is transparently keep track of object changes
without requiring any special coding on part of the user, and a function
to convert an object to a file system hierarchy of folders and files.
Please, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chris