Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Ray ray_usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 07:37:07 EDT 2006

Kay Schluehr wrote:
> Aren't they "rushing" for years? The last update of the Jython news
> page is from march 2005. This is not very encouraging even if there is
> a secret life of Jython.

Yeah I know... but I've been subscribing to jython-dev for quite
sometime, and the activity there is surely picking up compared to, say,
early 2006. Jython has new committers on board as well so that's
encouraging.

> But maybe we shouldn't worry because we can
> still read:
>
> "Jython, lest you do not know of it, is the most compelling weapon the
> Java platform has for its survival into the 21st century:-)"

:(

> > But yeah, compared to IronPython
> > (2.4 compliant, halfway to 2.5 even), it's pretty behind. But things
> > are changing the development seems to be picking up speed again!
>
> But you can't compile a Python module into a dotNet library that is
> used from C# which is the very essence of the CLR. IronPython is not
> more usefull than PythonNet.

At least for my case I will use IronPython for higher level task, and
perhaps calls libraries written in C# instead of the other way around,
plus you can leave your module as scripts anyway. If what you want from
C# is accessing Python's power then you can always host the IronPython
engine can't you?