compiling 2.3.5 on ubuntu

Py Py pythonwannabe at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 17:52:03 EDT 2006

Hi, list.

I'm having a hard time trying to get a couple of tests to pass when compling Python 2.3.5 on Ubuntu Server Edition 6.06 LTS. I'm sure it's not too far removed from the desktop edition but, clearly, I need to tweak something or install some missling libs.

uname -a

Linux server 2.6.15-23-server #1 SMP Tue May 23 15:10:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

When I compile Python I get these failing

4 skips unexpected on linux2:
    test_dbm test_mpz test_bsddb test_locale

I've got libgdbm-dev and libgdbm3 packages installed.

Help!