_mssql on Python 2.5 Beta 2

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Jul 24 09:54:34 EDT 2006

mattjohnthomson at googlemail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use the _mssql module from
> http://pymssql.sourceforge.net/.  It works fine on Python 2.4.  I've
> just installed Python 2.5 Beta 2 on my Linux box and, whenever I try
> and run the mssql.close() function, or close the program, I get the
> following message:

[...]

You aren't using the same library you used with 2.4, by any chance?
Compiled extensions are specific to a particular major version of
Python, so (for example) 2.3 extension modules won't run under 2.4.
Though normally, IIRC, that would give you problems on import, so this
may be no help at all (in which case, sorry!)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119