Request for addition to Preferences

JohnJohnUSA JohnJohnUSA at hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
Sun Jul 2 03:32:35 EDT 2006

I wasn't sure how to get my request to the appropriate person so I am
posting it here!

When I log in to this site, I normally want to go to the Python forum.
 I can get there via a series of mouse clicks.  I would prefer to have
the option of specifying in my Preferences where I want to be
positioned within this site upon login.  After setting
"python" in my Preferences, I would automatically be
positioned on the python forum page.  This would save me and others a
lot of work in getting to where I want to be.

The dropdown list that I saw somewhere on this site could be placed in
the Preferences section to enable me to select where I want to go upon
log in and I would be positioned there automatically.

Can this feature be implemented.  I would think that everyone coming
to this site may like it as it would be a good time and work saver.
One would also have the option of not selecting a specific location
in which case they would be positioned on the main page as everyone
currently is.

Thanks in advance for considering adding this feature to this website!