2 problems

symonlandor at gmail.com symonlandor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:31:21 EDT 2006

Hello,Im using Python 2.4.2 and I'm starting a few very basic
programs,but theres two problems I've not found the answers for.
My first problem is I need code that will count the number of letters
in a string and return that number to a variable.
My second problem stems from the first as I need a function that can
slice the string into letters and have those put in seperate
strings.Ive tried using the normal [:1],[:2],etc but I need a function
that can do that a variable amount of times due to the varying number
of letters in the input.

This would be of great help,as python is new to me.