Making a time series analysis package in python - advice or assistance sought

Tim Leslie tim.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 23:57:56 EDT 2006

Hi Ray,

As a first step you might want to look at numpy/scipy/matplotlib

numpy (numpy.scipy.org) provides the underlying data structures (array
and matrices among other things) you require. This will handle all
your vector stuff, reading/writing to and from files, "loop macros",
etc.

scipy (www.scipy.org) provides a set of scientific programming
libraries, including stats, fft and many other things. Have a look
around and see if it already does what you want.

matplotlib (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/) takes care of all your
plotting needs, and plays nice with numpy and scipy.

HTH

Tim