Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at pas-d'espam-s'il-vous-plait-mac.com
Wed Jun 14 10:51:05 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-14 09:42:25 -0400, torbenm at app-1.diku.dk (Torben Ægidius
Mogensen) said:

> It takes longer for the average
> programmer to get the program working in the dynamically typed
> language.

Though I agree with much of your post I would say that many here find
the opposite to be true - it takes us longer to get a program working
in a statically typed language because we have to keep adding/changing
things to get the compiler to stop complaining and actually compile and
run a program which would be perfectly permissible in a dynamically
typed language such as common lisp - for example - heterogeneous lists
and forward references to as yet non-existent functions.