Python UTF-8 and codecs

Mike Currie dev at null.com
Tue Jun 27 16:38:22 EDT 2006

I did make a mistake, it should have been 'wU'.

The starting data is ASCII.

What I'm doing is data processing on files with new line and tab characters
inside quoted fields.  The idea is to convert all the new line and
characters to 0x85 and 0x88 respectivly, then process the files.  Finally
right before importing them into a database convert them back to new line
and tab's thus preserving the field values.

Will python not handle the control characters correctly?

news:mailman.7516.1151440194.27775.python-list at python.org...