Exeucte a system command in python script

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Jun 9 03:44:26 EDT 2006

ken.carlino at gmail.com wrote:
> I am using python 2.4, so I don' t need to insteall that module
> separately.
>
> ken.carlino at gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Thanks I get this error 'NameError: global name 'call' is not defined"
>>
>>I already import 'subprocess'.
>>
>>Can you pleaes tell me what am I missing?

Among other things you are missing the traceback that the Python
interpreter provides with its error messages. This will point you to a
particular line of the source. If you include a few lines of the source
around that point, as well as a pasted copy of the traceback, we have
some chance to determine the error without overtaxing our psychic powers.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com