how not to run out of memory in cursor.execute

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 7 08:54:22 EDT 2006

>>>>> "yairchu at gmail" == yairchu at gmail com <yairchu at gmail.com> writes:

    yairchu at gmail> whenever you are using a package that leaks memory.
    yairchu at gmail> it can be appropriate to use Rpyc
    yairchu at gmail> (http://rpyc.wikispaces.com/) to run the leaking
    yairchu at gmail> code in a different process, and restart it from
    yairchu at gmail> time to time.  I've been using this method to avoid
    yairchu at gmail> the leaks of matplotlib.

The only known leak in matplotlib is in the tkagg backend which we
believe comes from tkinter and is not in matplotlib proper.  There are
a variety of ways to make it look like matplotlib is leaking memory,
eg overplotting when you want to first clear the plot, or failing to
close figures properly.  We have unit tests to check for leaks, and
they are passing.  Perhaps you can post some code which exposes the
problem.

JDH