Kamaelia 0.4.0 RELEASED - Faster! More Tools! More Examples! More Docs! ;-)

Robin Becker robin at NOSPAMreportlab.com
Sat Jun 24 10:37:48 EDT 2006

Michael wrote:
> Hi!
>

> (OK, slightly silly subject line :)
>
> I'm extremely pleased to say - Kamaelia 0.4.0 has been released!

Windows users might see problems with the attempt at importing libc.so.6
in the Axon Scheduler.

I changed the lines at line 44 of scheduler.py to something like this

try:
     from ctypes import cdll
     try:
         libc = cdll.LoadLibrary("/lib/libc.so.6")
     except:
         raise ImportError
     sched_yield = libc.sched_yield
except ImportError:
     def sched_yield(): pass

as I have ctypes, but no libc.so.6 I get a Windows error from the statement
     libc = cdll.LoadLibrary("/lib/libc.so.6")

This allows  somethings to run eg

AxonVisualiser.py --navelgaze

but I'm not sure if the results are really unaffected by not having a
real yielder. The diagram appears, but doesn't seem to settle down.
--
Robin Becker