a good programming text editor (not IDE)

Thu Jun 15 13:51:13 EDT 2006

Sybren Stuvel wrote:

> Vim is definitely the best. If you're a GUI man, you can use GVim.

Ok, you guys are slowly converting me, but I do have one question: which
"version" of VIM should I use, or does it matter? I mean, there seem to
be at least two versions, a text version and the GUI version you
mention. Are the options shared between the two, or is it that you are
more or less "set" in one once you choose it, and if you move to the
other you have to redefine your preferences, etc.?