Debugging C++ code called from Python 2.2 with Visual Studio.NET

egodet at equisys.com egodet at equisys.com
Tue Jun 20 06:33:54 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to debug some VS native C++ code called from a python script
(version is 2.2).
For that, I added the _DEBUG macro in Setup.py but when I rebuild the
pyd file, I get a compilation error whereby it says that python22_d.lib
could not be found.

I've seen in various groups that python22_d.lib is not available for
download anymore but that it is easy to recompile. Could someone send
it to me, explain how to build it or, even better, both.

I expect that after that, if I recompile the python pyd file, I will be
able to attach a debugger to it. Could someone confirm this?

Cheers,
Emmanuel

PS: I'm new to Python and I'm using legacy code.