Most elegant way to generate 3-char sequence

sam samschul at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 11 17:37:09 EDT 2006

I have found that the more elegant the code is, the harder it is for me
to understand what it is trying to accomplish. It is my opinion that
"Keep It Simple" wins over elegance. When I have had the urge to get
elegant, I make sure I comment the elegance so my less elegant
co-workers can figure out what I was trying to accomplish.

Sam Schulenburg