Xah Lee network abuse

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jun 11 02:14:21 EDT 2006

Mike Schilling wrote:

> If I were to write, say, that Tony Blair's tax policy will lead to higher
> deficits, I could be convicted of libel?  Even if that's true, it's not a
> priori provable.

I think what he was getting at is that, unlike many jurisdictions,
writing something factually true is _not_ in and of itself a defense
against a libel suit in the UK.

As for the reverse side of the issue, in jurisdictions where it _is_ a
defense, if one were to accuse him of being a pedophile but couldn't
prove it, that would certainly be an actionable offense.

   Twenty-four hours a day, three-hundred sixty-five days a year as
   Secretary of Defense, I lived the Cold War. -- Robert S. McNamara