[ANN] Firedrop 0.2.0 - The Python Blog Client
fuzzyman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 21:30:10 CEST 2006
It has finally happened, the release of `Firedrop 0.2.0
The impatient can download the new release here :
`Firedrop 0.2.0 (1.3mb)
The first time you run version 0.2.0 it will convert your weblog
config file to the new format.
**Firedrop2** is the Python blog client with a host of features. These
* RSS feed generation
* Automatic archive generation
* A powerful set of plugins, including spell checker and emailer
* Entries can be made in text, HTML, ReST, textile, sextile or markdown
* HTML templating system and macros for all sorts of tricks
* Built in FTP capability for uploading your blog to a server
* Because it's written in Python, it is easy to extend Firedrop or
create new plugins for it
This new release has been made possible by the hard work of `Stewart
The changes and new features include :
* Firedrop will now start up by opening a default site.
* You can set the default site using the GUI.
* Main file name changed to ``firedrop.pyw``
* `ConfigObj <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html>`_ is
now used to edit all the config files.
* Full support for all style elements (e.g. underline, bold) in four
major markup formats: ReST, Sextile, Textile, Markdown (plus HTML).
* New entries are created in a separate dialog that takes care of the
* Links are available to websites for the markup styles.
* You can reset the app to a null site, and/or delete all entries.
* You can force a full build of your site, or just update your site.
* You can now create sites serving Article Collections or Items Lists
in addition to Weblogs.
* Firedrop2 now runs on Mac OS X and Linux in addition to Windows.
* You can view logfile contents using the GUI.
* Documentation has been updated to reflect these changes.
There is a roadmap for future releases on the `Firedrop2 Trac Site
More information about the Python-list