a somewhat off-topic question about linux

Sat Mar 25 15:25:57 EST 2006

Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 03:09:53PM -0500, John Salerno wrote:
>> I'm interested in trying out Linux, probably Ubuntu, but I was wondering
>> which distribution you guys like to use (because it's a pain trying to
>> decide!) and you guys are smart.
>
> We had this discussion a couple of time during the last months already. :)
> I believe the most frequently recommended distribution was Ubuntu (or
> Debian which Ubuntu is based upon).

Oh sorry! I should have checked first. And yeah, I don't mean to start a
big argument about which is better... :)

But thanks for the answer. I'm comforted to know that my choice is a
good one. And as for Python, as long as there are no surprises, I should
be okay.