andmap and ormap

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Tue Mar 14 20:45:56 CET 2006

"Joel Hedlund" <joel.hedlund at> wrote in message
news:dv6e9h$28q$1 at
>> footnote: if you have a recent Python 2.5 build,
> Who would have that? Is it a good idea to use a pre-alpha python version?

The pre-public release version compiles as 'alpha0'.  I have the impression
the current alpha0 is being kept closer to releaseable more of the time
than used to be the case.  For instance, the developers recently set up a
buildbot system to compile and run all unit tests on several systems with a
variety of hardware and OSes up to several times a day.  The results are
available at

At of minutes ago, 5 systems are green (ok), 1 orange (warn) , and 1 red

> ... Or should I start grabbing the Subversion trunk on a nightly basis?

'Should' if you want to experiment with new features or test existing code
now rather than later.  I would only grab it when the tests pass on the
system closest to yours, and only repeat when there is a reason to.

Terry Jan Reedy