Python IDE: great headache....

Caleb Hattingh a at b.c
Mon Mar 13 13:57:23 EST 2006

Hi

Being a Delphi user at work, I know what you mean :)

The best python IDE I have found is Stani's Python Editor (SPE), and I
think Stani himself replied to your message as well.

It integrates wxGlade, which is nice for form-building, although I don't
really do much of that with the python code I write.

My only gripe with SPE is that the memory usage, while SPE is running,
slowly climbs and climbs, and after several hours that python thread
running SPE is using several hundred megabytes of RAM.  I usually just
restart it.   It seems as if the effect is pronouced when running code
in the IDE.

Other than that, I now use SPE instead of Vim for python editing, which
is a big step for me.  SPE is quite slick; some ways to go, but
certainly on the right track.   The built-in code-completion is a godsend.

Hope this helps
Caleb