Which GUI toolkit is THE best?

invitro81 invitro81 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 10 07:36:18 EST 2006

Hello

I've recently learnt python and I do love it! I congratulate all those
geeks who produce this nice language; well, because I could be called a
nearby newbee I've decided to improve my abilities by writing my own
nice editor with python; so I've to choose among all those GUI toolkit's
available there..

But I've no idea which one I should use to start with.. I've read that
tkinter seems to be the de facto standart in the pyhon community; but
why? Is it the best available one or are theire other reasons? I read
also a litte about wxpython and pygtk.. both are appealing to me but
again to make a choice is difficult; is there also some guy liking pyqt
is it worse or should it be avoided because of the licencing policy for
qt (which I also like..)?

	* Which one is the most fun to program with?
	* Which one is the most easy to learn?
	* Which one looks best?
	* Which one is the most productive to program with?