COM object pointer cast

Axel Bock at
Mon Mar 27 10:19:09 CEST 2006

I am fooling around with the Python-COM bridge, and I have a little
question with that.

In the component I am using is a method which will return an "Entry"
object - basically. In truth it returns some object which inherits from
entry, and I know which one, but - as said - the method will only
return the IEntry interface pointer. Now I would like to cast that one
to the one I need :) . Is there an easy way to do it, or do I have to
use the QueryInterface-method to get what I want?

Greetings & thanks in advance,