implementation of "complex" type

Russ uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:37:31 EST 2006

Thanks for the links, especially for the pure Python implementation.
That provides a good model for similar classes.

I am just wondering why your implementation of complex numbers does not
have "assignment operators" such as "__iadd", etc.

By the way, I suppose my original post (where I wrote,  "I'd like to
make my class behave like the "complex" class.") could be construed to
mean that I was implementing my own version of the complex class. But I
only meant that I want it to "behave" like the built-in complex class
with regard to referencing and copying (as my code example showed). My
apologies for any misunderstanding that occurred.