access mbx files?

David Isaac aisaac0 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 26 20:21:29 EST 2006

"Alan Isaac" <aisaac0 at verizon.net> wrote in message
news:T9zVf.1942$b07.1558 at trnddc05...
> Should I be able to access mail messages in Mahogany mail's mbx
> format using the Python mailbox module? If so, can someone
> please post a working example? If not, can you please
> point me to documentation of the file format or better yet
> Python code to parse it?

OK, from what I have been able to learn (not a lot),
my original question may boiled down to:
has anyone wrapped the cclient library for Python?

The answer to that appears to be yes:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/python-cclient/

Will I need to pursue this, or is this functionality
somewhere in the mailbox module.  (And if not,
can someone please explain why not?)

Thanks,
Alan Isaac