do design patterns still apply with Python?

Thu Mar 2 16:19:31 EST 2006

shandy.b at gmail.com wrote:

> In python, you might find it more natural to do design patterns in a
> completely different way than they're implemented in Java.  For
> example, I've heard of using the Singleton pattern in python by just
> implementing it as a module, no classes necessary.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I wonder if, after reading a DP book,
I might have to 'unlearn' some things when applying them to Python. But
I suppose I should just do it first and then try to implement them
myself. OOP is just so mind-bending for me that I've kind of put off
patterns right now until I get more comfortable with it.  :)