Leo Outliner Python/Tkinter Tcl/Tk Issues

aditya.siram at gmail.com aditya.siram at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 20:37:49 EST 2006

Hi all,
I recently found the Leo Outliner Tool
(http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html)written in Python and
installed it on my Windows PC at work and my Debian and Ubuntu PC's at
home. On my Linux installs, however, the application is jumpy. When
scrolling down a long document in Leo, the redraw rate lags behind
significantly as though the system is running out of memory. On Windows
the scrolling is smooth and seamless.

I have posted to the Leo SourceForge forum and was told that this is
was not a Leo issue-I completely agree. To confirm this and eliminate
hardware as an issue,  I installed it on Windows 2000 running atop
Vmware which uses half the RAM avaiiable(250MB) on my Debian PC and it
works fine.

Leo uses Tkinter to draw it's GUI and all my installs use Python2.4 and
Tcl/Tk 8.4. All Python langauge software was installed using the
standard apt-get commands.

Any help is appreciated...

Deech