a hobbyist's dilemma

Wed Mar 29 13:07:16 EST 2006

Now that I've learned much of Python, I'm sort of stuck with what to do
with it. I'm not a professional programmer, so I don't really have a use
for Python now. But I really want to come up with some neat uses for it
(for fun, and so I don't just start forgetting it right after I learned it).

I found a few exercises online, but I wonder if anyone has other ideas
(or exercise websites) that I can use to keep my Python skills going.
The projects in Dive Into Python are a little too complicated for me
right now, I think. I kind of like doing functional stuff, because OOP
still has my mind warped, and I love that Python lets you write programs
without having to mess with classes.

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated!