Python 2.5 Schedule

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:53:51 EST 2006

Only MS can answer those questions.

Even though, Python on Windows is compiled with VC++, you can still use
Mingw32 to compile extensions. There are some articles floating around
on how to do this and I did try it successfully in the past. Please
note that I am not advocating either compiler. Just noting workarounds.
I like VC for the IDE and Mingw32 for since I don't have to jump
through hoops to compile most of the open source code.

I wonder if I can cross-compile extensions from Linux. It's a lot
easier to get dependencies with a package manager.