Find similar images using python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Mar 29 09:41:47 EST 2006

http://gumuz.looze.net/wordpress/index.php/archives/2005/06/06/python-webcam-fun-motion-detection/

> Check the above link, only diiference is that instead of files as in ur
> case, the code here compares two pixels of consecutive frames for
> changes..

No, the difference is fundamental: two consecutive frames of a still-mounted
camera are - except noise and changing lightning conditions - the same.
detecting a difference in case of motion is easy.

But similarity between two images is a totally different beast. I would say
that an image of my grandma with me on her knee and another one with my
brother are very similar. But your approach would certainly fail to say
so...

diez