why use special config formats?

tomerfiliba at gmail.com tomerfiliba at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 10:26:03 EST 2006

if you are really so scared of letting others exploit your config
scripts, then use the second, pickled fashion. that way you can store
the file at $HOME/blah-config.pkl, and everybody's happy.

still, my point is we dont need special config mechanisms, since the
builtin ones, like object persistency (sp) or python scripts are good
enough, less buggy, and dont require you to learn thousands of config
formats.

and you can even edit pickled files by hand (protocol 0 i believe).
it's not that complicated.

-tomer