calling another python file within python

Kevin neurogasm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 11:09:49 EST 2006

i have a python file called pyq which outputs stock quotes, currently i
also have a html file that takes stock ticker inputs, i would like to
bridge the two by building another program that takes the html inputs
and uses them to call the pyq stock ticker program and then output them
into a text file...

any idea how to do this? my tentative code is:

#!/usr/bin/python

import os
import urllib
os.system("python pyq.py ibm > text1.txt")

note: currently the text1.txt outputted is just blank, however if i run
the command normally as 'python pyq.py ibm' in the command line, it
works correctly and gives me the price of ibm.