New python.org site

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Mar 11 13:41:40 EST 2006

Luis M. González wrote:
> I wouldn't want to sound like I'm criticizing other people's work.
> To those who offered their time to create this site, which is quite an
> improvement over the old one, thank you!
>
> However, I like the idea of a contest. Both for the site and for the
> logo.
> Perhaps something cool could come up from the new crop of
> Django/TurboGears fans our there...
>
> For many people, these things may seem superfluos or not important at
> all, but good marketing and good design helps to create an image and an
> identity.

I think you seriously underestimate the work it would take (and indeed
has just taken and is currently taking) to reimplement the site.

"A competition" sounds like a wonderful idea, but suppose there were to
be one, and a winner were to be declared, where do we go from there to
get the winning design up on a server behind www.python.org?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com