MS word document generator

Raja Raman Sundararajan ram0812 at
Wed Mar 15 10:11:47 CET 2006

Hello guys,
    Is there any nice library to generate word documents using Python.

As of today I am generating a HTML document and then open it with MS
But the problem is that I am not able to control the pages in the
document and as a result of it the output looks terrible.

I have been using reportlab's platypus to generate PDF documents.
Its a nice application which allows controlling segments of the pages

I was wondering if there was any library as reportlab to generate word